Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default chitting potatoes

alan.holmes wrote:
Except that, if Martin really had any usefull information, it would
have been better either to post it or email it.

Thank you Alan but I was wrong to discount any work that Martin had put into
his response. I have spent my working life researching. It is very easy
for me to do that but I am enjoying the ideas and friendly discourse here.
It is so much nicer to talk. For example, when I asked about waiting to
plant my potatoes until the shoots had appeared, Steve was able to tell me
that :

"There is disagreement every year about whether it actually achieves
anything anyway"

I probably couldn't have found that by googling. I am able to access the
knowledge and experience of real people here.

Nevertheless, I do apologise to Martin.