Old 13-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Bill

Default Where to buy microscope for Koi

First of all don't go to Toys r us these people sell TOYS not microscopes of
any reasonable quality, try "Brunel Microscopes" you will find them on the
web. They have second-hand ones which should be OK for seeing parasites etc.

BUT REMEMBER WITH MICROSCOPES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

JohnB wrote in message
Having just recovered from a nasty parasite attack with my fish, I am
interested in buying a suitable microscope to assist in early diagnosis.

It
is a long trek to my nearest koi shop with a bagged up fish so a sample

can
be taken when there may be nothing to check.

Can anyone in the UK recommend a type & source for a suitable microscope

at
reasonable price? Mail order or within 50 miles or so of
Sheffield/Chesterfield area would be ideal.

JB