Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
brucef brucef is offline

Default antz!

On Apr 4, 8:15*am, Trish Brown wrote:
Just FYI, I tried the vaseline method on my roses AND IT WORKS!!! Not a
single, solitary aphid for months until the vaso wore off.

I have some stuff that my dad gave me that he uses for his olive
trees. It is similar to vaseline but much stickier - don't touch
because it won't come off. It lasts a lot longer than vaseline, should
last at least a year. I wrap the trunk with gaffa tape first and then
apply the goo.

However for small shrubs it is hard to isolate the plant completely
from the ground.