Old 04-04-2009, 02:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Its Raining in Melbourne Finally!!!!!

"faeychild" wrote in message
YMC wrote:

Its finally raining. Literally pouring like a tropical thunderstorm (not
as intense and long tho). But its a welcome change.

I was over in Singapore last week - when it rains - its like a waterfall.

And has my spinach jumped out of the ground!!

Interesting to note that rain has a totally different affect on vegetables
than that of tap water

I wonder just how biologically and energetically dead tap water really is.

i suspect - fairly :-) some supplies have rather too much chlorine, etc
which might also be a problem.

some people think the wonderful effect you get from actual rain is due to
aeration on the way down, & consequently aerate their general water to try
to reproduce the effect.

there's no doubt in my mind that there is something different about rain.
when it's not raining i water with either stored dam water or stored rain
water (neither of which has additives) but it is simply not the same as
rainwater falling directly.

it's been raining cats & dogs here too!!
kylie