Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default chitting potatoes

On Apr 3, 6:01*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Ophelia wrote:
alan.holmes wrote:
Except that, if Martin really had any usefull information, it would
have been better either to post it or email it.

Thank you Alan but I was wrong to discount any work that Martin had
put into his response. *I have spent my working life researching. *It
is very easy for me to do that but I am enjoying the ideas and
friendly discourse here. It is so much nicer to talk. *For example,
when I asked about waiting to plant my potatoes until the shoots had
appeared, Steve was able to tell me that :

"There is disagreement every year about whether it actually achieves
anything anyway"

I probably couldn't have found that by googling. I am able to access
the knowledge and experience of real people here.

Nevertheless, I do apologise to Martin.

Indeed.......I ask questions here even though I know I could Google. Nothing
beats personal knowledge and experience.
--
Pete C
London UK

Me too, I can Google but the personal experiences and advice of
posters is superior. Martin is always very helpful, he will advise
and also direct me/us to a site to back it up. We have the best of
both worlds with him. Sometimes the written word can come over a bit
abrupt but I know that O and Martin understood and no offence was
taken on either side. Now young Pete, did you put in those C.Lucifer?

Judith