Old 03-04-2009, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Elderflower cordial recipe

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:24:02 +0100, "Mike Derby"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote:

Limoncello is one of those things that are great in their native
country and
yuck when you get them home. I still have half a bottle that I
bought in Italy
in 2000, unless the kids drank it.

Martin

Hm! Rather like Retsina, OK drinking it ice cold in a Greek taverna,
but....

I thought of Retsina too LOL

Regarding Elderflower cordial, why not make a gallon or two of
Elderflower wine? When made correctly, it is the queen of country
wines and you don't need to store the wine for a year or two before
drinking. Just the job for a summer salad lunch or even dinner.

It was one reason I posted the link Elderflower wine, the other is
that the wine will keep longer than the cordial, if you can avoid
drinking it all quick.

I vaguely remember making Elderflower Champagne many years ago. Has anyone
made that? Does anyone have a recipe?