Old 03-04-2009, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Gardeners' World

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:29:48 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Two things came up on tonight's GW programme which have been
discussed here recently.
One was how to plant begonia tubers; they said leave top uncovered
but cover later when stems have formed to encourage each to root.
The other was Joe's digging hoe. Is that what someone here
recommended? I don't think it would be easy to plant with it, which
was one use they mentioned.

It's called a mattock. It's a digging implement as well as a hoe.

They must have done an awful lot of cultivation and soil improvement
in Feb. First it was a muddy quagmire, and the next we saw they were
planting things like trees and bulbs with no sign of mud, just nice
friable soil. I'd love to know how they did it!

They tell porkies.

lol