Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners' World

On Apr 3, 11:53*pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:52:03 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 3, 11:14*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Martin wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:29:48 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Two things came up on tonight's GW programme which have been
discussed here recently.
One was how to plant begonia tubers; they said leave top uncovered
but cover later when stems have formed to encourage each to root.
The other was Joe's digging hoe. *Is that what someone here
recommended? *I don't think it would be easy to plant with it, which
was one use they mentioned.

It's called a mattock. It's a digging implement as well as a hoe.

aka Azada

I have one of those.

That's cos you live in foreign parts.

We only have Lidl and Aldi.
--

Martin

Yeah but ..... We have those too and with the prices in the large
hypermarkets going sky high, I have discovered Aldi and Lidl. We make
our own bread and always buy the flour from Aldi or Lidl, now they
seem to have a shortage, have you noticed that?

Also, their plants, when they have them are rubbish, half dead and
also quite expensive. I saw Orchids in pots there, tooooo expensive.

Judith