Old 04-04-2009, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Arlington[_2_] D. Arlington[_2_] is offline

Default Sambucus Nigra died away?

"ramyad" wrote in message

Hello all,

Newbie gardener subscribing for your help please.

I bought this last year from Wyevale garden centre and planted them
last summer. Over winter they died away and I trimmed them down to the
ground. But nothing is coming through this year, I would have thought I
would see some new growth?

Have they died completely? How can I tell?

This isn't the only plant that seems to have died. I think I have a
black thumb, instead of green fingers, as two other plants have died
too. :-(

One of the other plants that seems to have died is the Dahlia Bishop of
Llandaff. I can't see anything, above ground.

I'm very sad as my father and mother are fantastic gardeners and I
thought I might have some of there genes (joke) :-)

Please help.

Thanks
Ramesh

PS - I'll post pictures of them tomorrow.

Where are you located? It may still be too cold for them to come up.

--
ramyad