Old 04-04-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Begonia caution

After the discussion this week about planting begonia tubers I got
mine out from the garage to start them off.
Shock horror! Masses of vine weevil grubs in the soil around them,
already showing signs of turning into weevils, but the corms seem OK.
I have watered them with some Provado liquid which I bought recently.
I have microwaved the soil before scattering it (cooled) on the garden
and potted them in fresh stuff.
I should have cleaned them right off at the end of last year. I
usually do and dust them with Gamma BHC dust.
I really thought I had got rid of v.w. as I didn't see one last
year!!!

Pam in Bristol