Old 04-04-2009, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Apple trees - a few big ones or a lot of little ones?

K wrote:
Ophelia writes
Thanks Kay. saved I hadn't thought about apples but given enough
space, I think I would like to grow some

Didn't you mention visiting Harlow Carr?

Yes I did.

There is a Northern Fruit
Group based there which has a useful list of apples happy in the
north.

Next time I go, I will ask, thank you. The people there are very helpful
and are happy to chat about anything to do with plants and gardening I
had a very useful chat about container gardening and I did learn a lot.

I find them very easy and care-free. I'm sure I don't achieve maximum
yields, but I get enough for our own needs without undue effort.