Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default There goes the neighborhood

My rural neighborhood is more or less city-fied. They all got pasture type
fencing including the street-facing side. All is well manicured native
grasses as viewed from the street on these 5/10/20 acre plats. No native
spring flowers, they're all mowed down. No, these native flowers and their
originating plants are not in competition with native grasses. I delight
when I arrive at home to see spring alive, these white and ultra-yellow
flowers will wilt soon enough. Soon to see summer, and most, if not all of
it, will wilt and dry again in the Texas sun. I kept my fenceline around my
house, not my property line. I don't understand my neighbors, help me out.
--
Dave