Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners' World

On Apr 4, 12:03*am, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:57:19 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 3, 11:53*pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:52:03 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 3, 11:14*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Martin wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:29:48 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Two things came up on tonight's GW programme which have been
discussed here recently.
One was how to plant begonia tubers; they said leave top uncovered
but cover later when stems have formed to encourage each to root..
The other was Joe's digging hoe. *Is that what someone here
recommended? *I don't think it would be easy to plant with it, which
was one use they mentioned.

It's called a mattock. It's a digging implement as well as a hoe.

aka Azada
I have one of those.

That's cos you live in foreign parts.

We only have Lidl and Aldi.
--

Martin

Yeah but ..... *We have those too and with the prices in the large
hypermarkets going sky high, I have discovered Aldi and Lidl. *We make
our own bread and always buy the flour from Aldi or Lidl, now they
seem to have a shortage, have you noticed that?

I heard they was a shortage of flour in France, but we have plenty here. How
about the their brioche mix?

Also, their plants, when they have them are rubbish, half dead and
also quite expensive. *I saw Orchids in pots there, tooooo expensive.

Here they are quite fresh, not surprising since the stores are only about 5
miles from the biggest flower/plant auction in Europe
--

Martin

No, none of that but they have plenty of patisserie mix.

Judith