Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ophelia again

On Apr 4, 1:15*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
K wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:

When I was about thirteen I came on a 'situation' - two elderly
women wanting to progress along a pavement, with their way barred
by a hissing gander.

Rusty to the rescue!

I approached the gander, who turned his attention on me, so I
stuffed my fist into his beak and walked at him, and he backed into
his garden, and I closed the gate on him, to much elderly
adulation...

Reminds me of my act of 'heroism" ;-)

After karate - 2 girls wanting to emerge from the changing room -
their way barred by a large centipede.

So I scooped it up in my hands, to much adulation, and carried it
towards the outside door.

And before you say 'girls!' in a sneering tone - their reaction was
nothing as compared to the shrieks of the young boys to whom I showed
it on the way out :-)

rofl Well done you!!!

I was once chatting to a friend on the phone. *I was sitting on the edge of
my bed and as I chatted, a spider ran across the cover. *I watched with
interest as it disappeared down the other side. *I mentioned this and SHE
started screaming)

LOL I don't mind spiders but don't mention bats - shudder!!!!

Judith