Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default What not to plant

On 4/4/09 16:46, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On the whole, I quite like the things that turn up
uninvited but I do remember someone here lamenting Alchemilla mollis at one
time.

Alchemilla mollis is one of our most invasive weeds - I heave out
armfuls of it along with the dandelions and willowherb. Herb Robert is a
pussycat by comparison.

I remember Cormaic noticing the price of a pot of Alechmilla for sale in
a nursery we were visiting and commenting 'in that case, my garden is
worth £20k'

LOL! I can hear him now....! Funny how it's rampant behaviour differs so
widely. At the time I'm thinking of, I was bemoaning the fact that it
seeded around very little in my then garden.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com