Old 04-04-2009, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Composting Question

Rusty_Hinge writes

Well, you can discount the 'wind direction' component - there's
absolutely no indication of 'additive drift', except perhaps if you have
a very large family which drinks inordinate amounts, and you have a very
small compost heap.

My compost heap generally accepts a couple of litres a day, and you'd
never know.

I used to live in a house with no indoor toilet. Rather than bother with
the outdoor one, we used to use a bucket, and empty it, together with
the tea leaves and potato peelings, into a hole in the ground just
outside the kitchen door. Made the sweetest compost I've ever made, and
no smell while it was doing it.
--
Kay