Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default What not to plant

The message
from K contains these words:
Sacha writes
On the whole, I quite like the things that turn up
uninvited but I do remember someone here lamenting Alchemilla mollis at one
time.

Alchemilla mollis is one of our most invasive weeds - I heave out
armfuls of it along with the dandelions and willowherb. Herb Robert is a
pussycat by comparison.

But it's not difficult - in the way that thistles, dockens, couch,
ground elder etc are.

I remember Cormaic noticing the price of a pot of Alechmilla for sale in
a nursery we were visiting and commenting 'in that case, my garden is
worth £20k'

Yes, I sell small plants for 10p a throw when there are a lot of them to
get rid of. Likewise priced are small Buddleia...

If I could get 10p a time for both of those, I could afford Campbelltown
Loch...

--
Rusty