Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default having trouble with your tomato plants?

Then listen up.
quote

In the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Wisley, MP3 players
connected to the roots of tomato plants are playing A Midsummer's Nights
Dream, a reading of The Day of the Triffids, or nothing at all. One
experiment has already proved that rice plants responded well to
classical music, and some of the gardeners at Wisley are already
convinced that their plants do better when coaxed. A professor of
acoustics is convinced that low frequency sounds will produce the best
results as the vibrations stimulate growth.
I'm planning a Barry White spring for my broad beans.
end of quote

Bobbie:-)