Old 13-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Wild birds

In article , nightjar@?.?
writes

'Despite the large numbers of birds killed, there is no scientific evidence
that predation by cats in gardens is having any impact on bird populations
UK wide.

A few years ago there was an article in the telegraph about some
research that had been carried out at great expense to the tax payer.
The result of this research was that there are fewer birds per square
area measurement (can't remember what the units were) in areas where
there were cats than in areas where there were no cats. (Well, I could
have told them that and saved the tax payer a lot of money!!)

So, when the cat population increases to the extent that there are no
cat free areas, we can say that cats will have a very definite impact on
bird populations UK wide!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,