Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default water temperature thermostat

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:53:46 GMT, "Jenny"
wrote:

Hi I am experimenting with hydroponics and I need a thermostat to control
the warming pads I am using to keep the hydroponic solution at the correct
temperature. What would be the best type? At present I turn the heating pad
on at night and off in the morning but I would prefer a thermostat where I
could put the sensor in the water. Something like a rod thermostat but with
a flexible sensor instead of a rod.Or would a rod thermostat be okay with
the end in the water?
Thanks, Jenny

A tropical fish tank heater/stat will be OK if it can be totally under
the water. Get one appropriate for the container.

Steve