Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Grass in shade

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 18:30:15 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:38:49 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article
,
gardengal wrote:

On Apr 5, 12:38*pm, Billy wrote:

And that explains a lot.

What, that you can't even win an argument with a dissipated drunk?

LMAO!!! This hit me just right, given current circumstance. Thanks
fer the hearty, old trout.

Cheers
Charlie

You're welcome kid. Just have to know when to giv'em enough line.
Actually, I had oatmeal, bran, molasses, cinnamon, milk, and a banana
for breakfast with a large glass of water. (sigh)

Still trying to get used to the idea of being an "organic" Nazi. You
know, after all those years of being a "peace" Nazi. It gets confusing
trying to figure out what kind of Nazi you really are, another time,
another place.

Indeed. One believes and acts passionately in regard to long held
beliefs and ideals.... beliefs and ideals which benefit individuals
and mankind, and their reward is being labeled a Nazi. T'was ever
thus....and so be it.

Should have been in the garden today but ended up fighting the
propaganda war like a good "education" Nazi (F bush and his freakin' "No
Child's Behind Left"). Historically, when you put money into education
you get good results. Memorizing laundry lists isn't the way to learn. I
really like the Montessori system of where the teacher doesn't have to
continually traumatize a kid with tests but the teacher to student ratio
is such that the teacher knows what the kid knows through interaction
with him/her. Kids ain't little adults. They need time to mature before
you put demands on them. American secondary students test below European
students in the same grade but European students are traumatized by a
test that they have to pass when they are 12 years old, that will
determine the rest of their lives. In the US, we hit students hard when
they go to college, and we have a list of Nobel Prize winners that is
second to none.

Humph.

Have a good dinner. I gotta go check the ribs.

Ribs?? Dude...it's sunday......change of routine??

Oh, Lovey was off spending night with her mom who just came back from
the hospital with her ticky-ticker. Beau and Lilly, a.k.a. The Hounds
from Hell, have been deprived since we kinda O.D.ed on ribs. Four hours
on the grill and the meat was about ready to slide off the bones. Good
time had by all. Randy, the senior statesman of our cats was greatly
pleased as well. The new "Alpha" cat, Figaro has never quite figured out
bones but it ****es him off to see the other cats enjoying them.
If you get a chance, rent "The Girl from Paris". It's a real old man's
movie. Er, at least it's what I would think would be an old man's movie.
It's in French with very good acting and great scenery of what I'd guess
would be the Jura.

Ahhh...I'd have gone to the garden meself, and missed this fun, had it
not been for the ***SNOW***. It's friggin' April here in zone 5/4,
fer crissake and two nights of hard freeze on the way........phooey

Edumcation...now there is a fine concept and practice, mostly
misunderstood by the great unwashed.

Seems funny that gardengal has such little respect for the
autodidactic. Al E. says it best, perhaps... creativity is a type of
learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same
individual.

Here's a little slideshow for those whose edumcation doesn't encourage
independant study and independant thought. Those who are inclined
towards self-study can surely find some things to research in this.
(sorry folks, you wanna know what this is, you gotta jump the
hoops...I haven't the time, nor inclination, to tutor ya'll.)

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/historytour/history1.htm

Ha...all that glitters is not gold, or so 'tis said...

Charlie

"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be
teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which
infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by
myself." -- George Bernard Shaw

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-- Mark Twain

Sleep well.
--

- Billy