Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default water temperature thermostat

In article ,
says...
Hi I am experimenting with hydroponics and I need a thermostat to control
the warming pads I am using to keep the hydroponic solution at the correct
temperature. What would be the best type? At present I turn the heating pad
on at night and off in the morning but I would prefer a thermostat where I
could put the sensor in the water. Something like a rod thermostat but with
a flexible sensor instead of a rod.Or would a rod thermostat be okay with
the end in the water?
Thanks, Jenny

Why not use a tropical fish tank thermostat as its going in water? they
used to make a range of in the tank stats although I know the exterier
stats are more easily adjusted
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk