Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default What not to plant

The message
from K contains these words:
Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from K contains these words:

I haven't done a count, but gut feeling is that I get seedlings of
Alchemilla, dandelions, bittercress, willowherb and violets in roughly
equal proportions.

I have bittercress, some horrid poppy-like plant with small yellow
flowers

Greater celandine.

Possibly. 'Orrible thing. Is it any use?

Interesting sap colour. I don't have that. I have the
yellow Mecanopsis in abundance instead :-) (I don't pull those up)

and orange roots, nettle and black nightshade seedlings in
abundance.

A few violets, very few alchemilla, very few (greater) willowherb, and a
few dandelions appear in various places, but as I use the dandelions and
black nightshade, I'm not unhappy about those.

Can you use the dandelions in a mixed salad without blanching?

Oh yes, I'm frightfully brave.

--
Rusty