Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Orchid 3

Once again, thanks for the tips Pat.
Cheers Wendy
"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
"Wendy7" wrote in message
Yes, wonderful closeup shots Pat. Do you use a special lens for these.
I mainly photograph orchids & would love to get decent macro's.

Cheers Wendy

Quite often I use my regular lens but in this case I did have my 60mm
installed and it has macro capabilities but technically this isn't really
a macro photo. I was fairly close to the orchid --- somewhere between 12"
and 18" --- I didn't measure, but I was NOT using the macro focusing
capability as I recall. I like to get in as close as my lens will let me
get so that I can keep cropping down to a minimum.
--
Pat