Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Compost Heap

In article ,
enigma wrote:

Bill wrote in
:

Two a place for old hot dogs and Maoist debris. The local
vultures
visit and defecate here. I'm popular with the big birds in black
but really wonder why.

how long did it take the vultures to find pile #2? we're thinking of
building a 'roadkill cafe', with other goodies like refrigerator
cleanouts (pity the vultures migrate. i lost almost a hundred pounds
of meat in the 8 day power outage).
lee

We have many vultures about. If I place a dead animal in my back yard
they will clean it up for me. How to attract does not make too much
sense as just about everything dead anywhere is taken. I've fed these
guys for years and they are within 40 yards of me as I type.

I'd put something out and check in a few days. Things dissolve from
above and below and nothing is wasted. Sounds strange but how many dead
birds have we seen in the wild ? Cars another matter. Sorry no
specific answer but it may really matter on you vulture populations.
They are either trained or I am.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA