Old 07-04-2009, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Rhubarb question.

The message
from "Kathy" contains these words:

What eats rhubarb leaves?

Went down the allotment today, and found that the leaves on just one of our
five rhubarb plants had been stripped to the ribs! No slime trails,
footprints or droppings as a clue, so any ideas on what it was?

Found quite a lot of caterpillars recently, mainly of the grass-noshing
variety. I've never seen paterkillers on rhubarb, thobut.

Despite any lack of slime-trails, I'd diagnose snails.

--
Rusty