Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

"Aries" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:22:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 7/4/09 08:16, in article ,
"aries" wrote:

[4 quoted lines suppressed]

They're out in small clouds here, Val but I haven't been bitten. You
must
be particularly tasty! I think the only answer is a repellent that you
know works well for you. I never wear perfume when I'm working in the
garden, partly because I don't want to attract bees (I wear floral or
citrus-y scents) and also because of its reaction with the skin in
sunlight.
I don't know if you wear a perfume but if so, wonder if it might be
better
not to!

I do wear perfume but also anti persperants and shower gels might also be
an attraction
--
What other people think of you is none of your business.
http://ariesval.co.uk/val/

If you really want to wear a scent in the garden, Val, try Lavender Water as
it is supposed to be an insect repellant ... well, if you discount bees,
that is ... :~)

Spider