Old 07-04-2009, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

Bobbie wrote:
Aries wrote:
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:22:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 7/4/09 08:16, in article
, "aries"
wrote:
[4 quoted lines suppressed]
They're out in small clouds here, Val but I haven't been bitten. You
must be particularly tasty! I think the only answer is a
repellent that you know works well for you. I never wear perfume
when I'm working in the garden, partly because I don't want to
attract bees (I wear floral or citrus-y scents) and also because of
its reaction with the skin in sunlight. I don't know if you wear a
perfume but if so, wonder if it might be better not to!

I do wear perfume but also anti persperants and shower gels might
also be an attraction

They don't seem to have reached us here in Dorset. I have never been
bothered by them, nor by the mozzies that gather round the pond. I
often smell of horses and goats, and always of dogs, perhaps that is
why.
Bobbie:-)

Mental note.........always stay upwind of Bobbie
--
Pete C
London UK