Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

Pete C wrote:
Bobbie wrote:
Aries wrote:
On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:22:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 7/4/09 08:16, in article
, "aries"
wrote:
[4 quoted lines suppressed]
They're out in small clouds here, Val but I haven't been bitten. You
must be particularly tasty! I think the only answer is a
repellent that you know works well for you. I never wear perfume
when I'm working in the garden, partly because I don't want to
attract bees (I wear floral or citrus-y scents) and also because of
its reaction with the skin in sunlight. I don't know if you wear a
perfume but if so, wonder if it might be better not to!
I do wear perfume but also anti persperants and shower gels might
also be an attraction

They don't seem to have reached us here in Dorset. I have never been
bothered by them, nor by the mozzies that gather round the pond. I
often smell of horses and goats, and always of dogs, perhaps that is
why.
Bobbie:-)

Mental note.........always stay upwind of Bobbie

LOL I smell quite nice after a shower, but my Pickles, being a hound
dog, has a particularly sensitive nose and perfume makes her sneeze, so
unless I am going out I tend not to use it. Benji the border terrier
actually seems to like the smell of deodorant spray, but I do confine
its use to the bathroom. Angus the Westie, only has to see an aerosol
can and runs for cover. Dogs are discerning creatures, don't you think?
How is the allotment coming along?

Bobbie