Old 07-04-2009, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Sacha" wrote

They're out in small clouds here, Val but I haven't been bitten. You must
be particularly tasty! I think the only answer is a repellent that you
know works well for you. I never wear perfume when I'm working in the
garden, partly because I don't want to attract bees (I wear floral or
citrus-y scents) and also because of its reaction with the skin in
sunlight.
I don't know if you wear a perfume but if so, wonder if it might be better
not to!

I must admit I don't usually wear perfume. :-)

Try Avon "Skin So Soft", it has a quite a reputation for repelling
flying insects. Seriously!

There was a small cloud of midges over our pond this morning but I have also
seen small black flies, about pin head sized, that I think may be the
suspects.

Ding-Dong! Avon calling.
--
Gordon H