Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pruning, in general.

On Apr 7, 10:25*pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...

Today I have a gardener working for me for half a day, he did in 4
hours what would take me a week to do. *He pruned a lot of stuff and I
asked him to prune the Lilac, which although beautiful, is obscuring
my view of the forest. *He refused!! *He said it was too late, it's
not in bud yet, would you say that was too late? *I should add he does
this for a living, so maybe he knows much more than I.

Judith

I would have said it was too early, Judith. *It is usual to prune lilac
(Syringa) after flowering.

Spider

Thanks Spider, it will be done afterwards then. I was hoping to take
some shots of the garden today to show, particularly, how late
everything is, some daffs are just coming into bud. Unfortunately
either I have a cold or I am allergic to the new hens, eyes streaming
sneezing and sore eyes. I only got one egg today, that makes 3 in 2
days, not bad going!.

Judith