Old 07-04-2009, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_6_] Bobbie[_6_] is offline

Default Chicken Manure

Judith in France wrote:
I have an Eglu which has a tray at the bottom which slides out for
cleaning. The booklet suggests once a week and I am wondering whether
I should put the droppings into the compost barrels or can it go
straight onto the earth between plants without scorching?

Judith

Chicken manure is very strong, it would burn your plants, and there
is some question of a possible salmonella risk Add it to a compost
heap and it will help to hasten the process. Never use fresh but allow
it time to rot down with other compost.

Bobbie