Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

"Sacha" wrote
after "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

There was a small cloud of midges over our pond this morning but I have
also
seen small black flies, about pin head sized, that I think may be the
suspects.

Is that those horrible little "no see 'ums" that leave a ferocious itch
behind? I think they look like delta wing aircraft in miniature.

Yes, the ones that fly past your face and you only catch a glimpse then are
gone only to return a few moments later (having taken a bite)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden