Old 07-04-2009, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Rhubarb question.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote:

What eats rhubarb leaves?

Went down the allotment today, and found that the leaves on just one
of our five rhubarb plants had been stripped to the ribs! No slime
trails,
footprints or droppings as a clue, so any ideas on what it was?

IME nothing eats rhubarb leaves (too toxic). Since its exclusively
one clump and on allotments my guess is that a neighbouring allotment
owner has
harvested your leaves to make an insecticidal brew to spray his newly
planted crops, (but generously left you the edible bit).

Worth considering, except that our rhubarb is all newly planted and only
had/has small leaves at the moment.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.