Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Granby Granby is offline

Default Gardengal

With our heavy freeze warning for tonight, people in this area better be
covering up any plants they have out.
"Billy" wrote in message
Self esteem: check Ego: check. Hubris: check

Looks like she's good to go.

So tranquility returns to the little band of intrepid gardeners. See
them racking the ground smooth. Others are laying out the seed beds,
while others wrap tape around their rolls of dimes.

In article
,
gardengal wrote:

On Apr 7, 11:00 am, Billy wrote:
Gardengal,
my argument with you wasn't personal.

Ah, but YOU made it personal. Personal attacks and rudeness have no
value and very little place on a gardening forum. That you cannot
enter into a civilized discourse without them says a lot about you and
the confidence you have in your opinions.

It was with the facts.

Really. The facts according whom? What you did was take information
out of context and blow it up out of proportion to the specific
question. No one was disputing that soil organisms can have an
influence on soil pH but it is relatively minor in the grand scheme of
things. Other factors have a far greater influence. And they
typically react to existing conditions rather than creating their own.
The facts are that plants do not create soil chemistry or even alter
it to any significant degree - it is what it is independent of them.

Lord knows I've been on the dirty end of the stick enough time but each
time I learned from it (I think I have, anyway) and moved on. There are
many posters here asking for help, especially at this time of the year,
and your knowledge and experience can greatly benefit all of us.
Speaking for myself, I hope that you'll continue to post in the
"wrecked
gardens".

I have no intention of being run off by the likes of you. I am
extremely secure in my education and my knowledge - I've been in the
horticultural industry for a long time - and I will offer advice and
suggestions to the best of my ability to those whom I think can
benefit from it.

However, I do accept your apology....or whatever it is. It's the first
semi-gracious thing I've seen you write,ses

--

- Billy