Old 13-04-2003, 01:56 PM
None

Default Plants at Wal-Mart

The reason the plants are dead is because none of the big box stores own the
merchandise until you buy it. The grower is the one who must pick up the
plants and take the loss.

As to the few stores with live plants. The grower provides the store with a
merchandiser to care for the plants. Just more loss for the grower.

Last year growers that serviced these stores went bankrupt left and right.
Three were here in my state and I'm sure more are to follow and maybe then
they will see that the mass markets are not made for plants.

BUY FROM A REPUTABLE LOCAL GARDEN CENTER is my best advice.

"Angela Coffey" wrote in message
I went to my local Wal-Mart Supercenter (in Mount Pleasant, TX) last week

look at some flowers for my gardens. They were the most pitiful looking
things I've ever seen! I almost cried! At least 3/4 of their plants
(flowers, veggies, EVERYTHING) was either dead or dying. Seems to me they
should hire some people for that department that know what the hell

they're
doing I'm thinking I may call the corporate offices and complain. Poor
plants, didn't have a chance with the people they've got working there

now!
Maybe I should go work there, LOL! Ok...just wanted to vent...

Angie