Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Chicken Manure

"Judith in France" wrote in message
I have an Eglu which has a tray at the bottom which slides out for
cleaning. The booklet suggests once a week and I am wondering whether
I should put the droppings into the compost barrels or can it go
straight onto the earth between plants without scorching?

I use my fowl manure straight on the garden, but I don't put it onto tiny
seedlings or near the trunk of plants - I don't have time to faff about
heaping it up to 'age'.

IIRC, you have a moderate sized garden??? If that recall is right, you will
have somewhere in the garden where you could use the manure collected from 3
hens over a one week period without any danger to existing plants - just use
some common sense in where you apply it.