Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chicken Manure

On Apr 7, 10:55*pm, Simon Isaacs
wrote:
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:40:33 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
I have an Eglu which has a tray at the bottom which slides out for
cleaning. *The booklet suggests once a week and I am wondering whether
I should put the droppings into the compost barrels or can it go
straight onto the earth between plants without scorching?

Judith

I have chickens, but always compost the droppings as it speeds up the
heap,and fresh can burn plants!
--
"Why can't I get huge amounts of money for screwing up??"

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper
200TDi Disco "The big purple one"
200 TDi Disco, "the offroader"
1976 S3 Lightweight

Thanks Simon, I had a feeling that it should not be used fresh.

Judith