Old 08-04-2009, 11:01 PM
jaycee jaycee is offline
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
You don't necessarily need a propagator. Take your cuttings, dip into fresh hormone powder and stick into pans with damp sand. Cover with a clean glass jam jar and put on the northern side of the house. Every so often lift the jar to let in fresh air. check to see if the cutting is holding [when the rootlets have started to grow]. My father used this method for 35 years and rarely lost a cutting.
Thanks, I'll try this one too - though I use cut-off lemonade bottles instead of glass - progress (?)I suppose! I also suppose using west-facing windowsills is too hot?