Old 08-04-2009, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chicken Manure

"Judith in France" wrote in message
I have an Eglu which has a tray at the bottom which slides out for
cleaning. The booklet suggests once a week and I am wondering whether
I should put the droppings into the compost barrels or can it go
straight onto the earth between plants without scorching?

It's far too fierce to put on raw. Put the droppings into the compost and
leave them for a year.
I have lots of chickens and I do this.
I once put fresh chicken poo on my rhubarb. It seemed like a good idea at
the time but it killed it stone dead.

Tina