Old 08-04-2009, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default cordyline dying

On 8/4/09 23:13, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"PAULKELLY" wrote

I planted 2 Cordyline plants in my garden 3/4 years ago and they have
grown well. But this past month the centre leaves have gone brown and
the rest of the plant is starting to droop. I have watered them well
and put miracle grow on them but that has not helped can anyone advise
on what to do next if there is anything to be done?Thankyou

It is a plant that is marginally hardy in most of the UK when young, and it
sounds like frost damage to me. Being young they will probably die right
back but may come back from the roots if they have managed to get deep
enough. Can take a year or more for them to show again IME.
You just have to hope we get a number of mild winters to get them up and
mature before the next hard frosty winter.

We have a green Cordyline here that was cut back by frost several years ago.
It now has 3 stems and is becoming rather bossy! This winter didn't even
make it flinch.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com