Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Isn't it too early for midges?

On Apr 10, 9:16*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:13:26 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:10*pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:07:45 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Apr 9, 5:11*pm, Lucretian
wrote:
'Aries[_4_ Wrote:

;837464']On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:22:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:
-
On 7/4/09 08:16, in article
,
"aries" wrote:
-
[4 quoted lines suppressed]-

They're out in small clouds here, Val but I haven't been bitten. *You
must
be particularly tasty! * I think the only answer is a repellent that
you
know works well for you. *I never wear perfume when I'm working in
the
garden, partly because I don't want to attract bees (I wear floral or
citrus-y scents) and also because of its reaction with the skin in
sunlight.
I don't know if you wear a perfume but if so, wonder if it might be
better
not to!-

I do wear perfume but also anti persperants and shower gels might also
be
an attraction * * * * * * * * *
--
What other people think of you is none of your business.
http://ariesval.co.uk/val/ http://tinyurl.com/d945xq

I remember Scottish forestry workers taking high-strength Vitamin C to
stop themselves being bitten

--
Lucretian

Really? *I take multivitamins and mineral supplements and I drink
pure fresh squeezed orange juice. *I still got bitten 2 weeks ago in
Mauritius. *All of the people on the same table, didn't!!!! *Maybe I
need more Vit C?

Maybe they used DEET?

"Spit" no they didn't.

You are dribbling )
Why "spit"?

Is it windy chez vous tonight; *It is blowing
a gale? it is here.

No it was still, hot and tropical. Forecast today is 24°C
Next week we are back to 12°C
--

Martin

We have a gale here much stronger than predicted. It is forcast over
3 days with today being the medium grade, tomorrow it is expected to
really blow. I consider that today is pretty bad, the greenhouse
which was ready to be glazed is on the ground in a heap, the corner is
twisted but Edward says he can repair it. Today was to have been the
day it was to be bolted down into concrete.

Judith