Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Death of a plum tree ?

Judith in France wrote:
On Apr 10, 1:11 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in ...
On Apr 9, 10:18 pm, Paul Luton wrote:

I planted a pot grown Victoria plum (on Pixie) early last summer. It
produced 2 plums and lost its leaves at the usual time. A week ago it
opened one flower bud at the end of a branch but, after that dropped,
nothing is happening. Soil around was on the dry side but with no leaves
it cannot be losing much water. I watered it well anyway. Does anyone
have any ideas ?

Paul, I am no expert. I had plums in my last garden in England. When
did you prune the tree?

I don't think he did. Please read the post more carefully.

He didn't mention pruning, I did :-) I thought if he had, hence the
question, then the timing of the pruning could have had some impact.
There wasn't enough info to work out what could be wrong, hence my
question. I hope he has had some helpful answers, as I said, I am no
expert.

Judith

No it hasn't been pruned. Thanks to everybody for contributions, at
least suggesting that I haven't missed anything obvious.

Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames