Old 10-04-2009, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mo[_2_] mo[_2_] is offline

Default Hose pipe question

I have a hosepipe. I have a tap in my garden.

Tap is like this: but it is NOT threaded
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...garden_tap.jpg

Therefore I bought one of these to attach to the tap. It fits the tap
perfectly
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detai...

I then attached one of these to the hose tap end
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...

When I connect them 2 bits together they fit together but water leaks out
between them... am i I doing it right?

I spose even if I had a threaded tap I would use one of these connectors,
but I would still get a leak because they conenct in the same way??

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detai...

--
On the other end of the hose I have another one of the things above attached
to one end of the hose and a spray gun (both of those are the cheap Homebase