Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
bilabonic bilabonic is offline
Registered User

Default HELP - Lawn on Clay Soil ??

Hi All

Last year a layed a new lawn in my front garden (UK) with ex quality turf, the problem is i layed it onto a thin layer topsoil and clay beneath.

It does not respond much to feeding and it soggy winter/cracks up in summer.

I have just started spring maintenance and have cut it back short and scarified so it now looks very sparse/muddy.

I have also just aerated it leaving holes all over.

How can i improve the soil structure ? Some people telling me brushing in sharp sand will make it worse !!

Any ides peeps ? What about claybreaker soil conditioner or calcified seaweed ??

Cheers