Old 11-04-2009, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John T[_2_] John T[_2_] is offline

Default Hose pipe question

"mo" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

As your links dont work for me, I am adding this one to show the type
of conector you need for an unthreaded tap.
http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/ju...-tap-connector
This type worked for years for me with very little trouble, just dont
turn the tap on to full as the back pressure WILL blow the hose off
the tap.
David Hill

I have one of those connected to the tap

As it suggest I have a /quick connector' on tn the other end of the tap -
that is where the peak is - where the 2 join together

I will try what it suggests in that article, connecting the actual pipe to
the end of one of those and securing with a clip

Sometimes i think the best solution would be to replace the tap with a
threaded one!
I had an unthreaded tap in the garage that also serves the front garden, it
was a pain until i finally replaced it, whih isnt a major exercise.

John