Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Salsify

The message
from Granity contains these words:
'Ophelia[_4_ Wrote:
;838038']Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:-
In message ,
Rusty_Hinge
writes-
One of the few molluscs I like - along ith scollops, (SCollops, I
said!), octopus and squid.-

Where I come from, scollops is a way of preparing potatoes.-

And mine

I've never known a lot like you for drifting threads :-)

Visit the Shed then - like, Fred drift is de rigger geez, innit.

1) Oysters, raw yuk, best use, a couple put in a steak and kidney
pudding.

Certainly a fair comment.

2) Salsify, superb root veggie, shame it's not readily available in
shops. Some people allow it to grow for 2 years before harvesting it.
It has very pretty purple flowers which look good in a boarder.

Planted per rectum I presume?

Cooking
it there seems to be 2 schools of thought, one is that you skin it then
cook it, ignoring the fact that the white milky liquid ouses out

Rivers of it?

and
you loose it

Ah, now I undestand how it got into the boarder...

or you boil it and then skin it which is the way I prefer
to do it.

--
Rusty