Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Biochar

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Thank god for iron phosphate or I wouldn't
have any seedlings at all.

Well thank Billy for lining me up with a source for Iron Phosphate.
Got 16 ounces and thought of sending 4 your way then I thought about
sending white powder in the mail and in one of my saner moments said not
a good idea these days.

The garbage can sounds like a good idea, if you already have an old,
used-up one. Even when the bottom rots out, you still got the lid to
stop the fire.

Funny how things work out. Rome fell in the 4th century AD. Books were
used for toilet paper and fires. Knowledge was preserved by arabs and
re-discovered by Europeans on the Iberian peninsula in the 14th century.
A millennium of western intellectual development lost. Now, from the
Amazon, 600 years later, the gift of soil.

Slash and burn has incurred a nasty reputation but I'd guess the
folks calling the shots like heavy industry.

I wonder, how much more will humanity learn, what it used to know?

Hope is the learning may have a wide margin of error. Fingers crossed
as none of my kids know what a hoe is let alone there are many types.
Seems a down turn may wake up the notion of being more self sufficient.

Gotta change the fishs water.

I have to soon too.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Not all who wander are lost.

Some Hopi gardener said, "This is not about growing vegetables; it
is about growing kids."