Old 13-04-2009, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Seed Starter heat pads

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 03:27:26 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 02:42:43 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:06:12 GMT, "brooklyn1"
wrote:

Ernie Willson wrote:

I'm looking at heat pads to put under my seed starting trays. I need
several (say 4 or 5) and they get quite pricey when you also include a
thermostatic control. Do you have any clever ways to provide controlled
heating to your starting seeds that uses other stuff and is less
costly?

Those heating pads are often relatively high wattage for the heat they
produce. Years ago when I started veggies from seed in my basement
window
I set ordinary incandescent bulbs under the metal shelving.. . a couple
15
watt bulbs under each 30" shelf put out sufficient heat and the metal
shelf
spread the heat nicely. I used to raise tropical fish so I had lots of
extra aquaruim hoods that hung upside down under the shelves. I'm sure
if
you check the big box hardware stores they'll have very inexpensie
reflector
hoods, you'll just have to figure some method to position and to attach
them. Many just clip on.

Why should I bother with this or more expense when my system works
just fine?

If your system works just fine why did you ask, you must be a troll.

Dumbshit. *I* didn't ask.

You piggybacked my post to ernie.

Ernie asked, I answered, you ****ed up and replied to the wrong post,
****wit.

Once you start with the foul language every sane poster knows you're a
loser... hey, you wanna check out my peepee too, yet another know nothing
LOSER! Your hands never touched dirt yet you're subscribed to a gardening
newsgroup... it's patently obvious you're only here to get your sexual
jollies too... you and that know nothing Vicky slut oughter hook up, she has
a peepee fetish just like you. LOL

Charlie declares spank on brooklyn1/sheldon. Rings shellies deckside
lunch bell........Bwaaaahhhaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaa

Luser.

FTP
Charlie

And so our jolly band of gardeners regale themselves into the night.
Tune in next time for more on re-built hymens, erectile dysfunction, and
who stole Charlie's log. Oh yeah, there may be some gardening too. Bye.
--

- Billy