Old 12-04-2009, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Biochar

In article ,
Bill wrote:

Thank god for iron phosphate or I wouldn't
have any seedlings at all.

Well thank Billy for lining me up with a source for Iron Phosphate.
Got 16 ounces and thought of sending 4 your way then I thought about
sending white powder in the mail and in one of my saner moments said not
a good idea these days.

It finally came? Hallelujah. Now I can make eye contact with you again.
I was feeling pretty crumby coming up with what eventually looked like a
rip-off. I'd love 4 oz, if you can clear it with the postal service. I
promise not to use it recreationally;O)

My pots of parsley and cilantro that went to seed last year are showing
new sprouts. Potatoes that didn't get harvested last year are also of to
a roaring start. Three weeks now and no sign of the ones I planted this
year.

I'm slowly pushing back the wild onions, to expose the ground and warm
it up. Thinkin' about wrapping a couple of tomato cages with plastic and
covering the ground directly around them to see if I can hurry along the
growth of my store bought tomatoes.

Theory and application, and the gardener in between.
--

- Billy